Mayfield Community Development Project Ltd (Mayfield CDP) was established in 1990. We aim to respond to local needs by the provision of support, educational/ training and developmental opportunities to individuals and groups in the community. We work with people in an inclusive way, encouraging everyone to reach their full potential in a safe, open, friendly and accessible environment.
Services and supports include:
- 2 Community Employment positions that help people who are long-term unemployed develop skills and experience to get back to work by offering temporary placements.
- The Community Adult Learning Project (CALP) which provides first step non- accredited courses and accredited courses.
- A local community newsletter Mayfield Matters that promotes local services and health messaging, small businesses as well as celebrating Mayfield’s diverse community through showcasing arts, poetry and local events.
- A resource centre offering photocopying, printing, typing, senior alert alarms to the public.
- The Rainbow Crèche offers subsidized morning childcare and family support.
The project and its sub projects are actively involved in other local and city wide groups such as the Mayfield Learning Neighbourhood & Cork Learning Neighbourhood Initiative, the Mayfield Interagency Forum and You Can Quit Initiative. The Project also supports the provision of meeting, training and consultation spaces for family support, remedial therapies, peer support groups and treatment groups. The project hosts an impressive community garden with a poly-tunnel that is accessed all year round by the community and external groups including the Brothers of Charity.
Visit website – http://mayfieldcdp.ie/