The Before 5 Family Centre was established over 40 years ago to provide:
- Quality, innovative childcare services to meet the physical, social, educational and emotional needs of children in the community
- Positive support for parents and communities relating to child development.
- To contribute towards the personal development of individuals and enhance local community development.
This is delivered through a range of services:
- Pre-school education
- After-school programme
- Family support
- Play Therapy
- Adult classes: yoga, art, flower arranging, craftwork etc
- Personal development and parenting programmes
- Education and training of students, work placements
- Community Employment
- Family support underpins all service delivery at the Before 5 Family Centre. Management and Staff adhere to the principle that “parents are the first educators of their child” and incorporate that belief into their daily interactions with families. Specific Family support is further delivered in individual, therapeutic interventions with a trained practitioner.